Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Apron-a-thon

I made 18 aprons for our homeschool co-op last week. I made them rather plain because we let the kiddos decorate them. We meet weekly and always make lunch together, so it was only fitting that the kids have aprons to wear.

These were super easy. Only three pieces to each apron. They only took about 2 days of work to complete. One day to design, cut and iron. The next to sew, sew, sew. The best thing is that I didn't have to buy any fabric. What a great stash busting project! I designed the apron to be made for four sizes, toddler, kid, teen and adult. I still need to finish the adult aprons because I ran out of time!

All 18 aprons

Teen size. (Notice the loops on the edge used to tie the one long strap)

Same apron, unfolded and tied.

Close up of straps

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You amaze me! Lovely work!

And that is the cutest littest baby I've ever seen! Those mountain babies are the best!

Smiles,
Lea

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Those aprons are so cute!