Monday, May 5, 2008

The One

So, I feel I must explain the new blog title.

It is basically a much better description of me and my life. It would like to say it came to me in a moment on enlightenment. But no. It came to me at Chik-Fil-A.

After C and C's PE class, we occasionally have lunch at Chik-Fil-A. Last time we were there, the dining room hostess fawned all over us with hand sanitizer, napkins, refills and a high chair. Miss G was too young for the high chair, but I tried it anyway just to see how well she could sit up in one. I ended up holding her in my lap while eating and in the sling while C and C played. I assumed the fawning was due to the customer service surveys we were given to complete. I was wrong. Fast Forward about a month, month-and-a-half. We go to redeem the free chicken sandwich coupons from the last visit's surveys. (Score!) Same level of attention and no new surveys. As we we sitting outside playing, she came to refill my lemonade and we chatted. She then explained to me that she recognized me from the last time, but couldn't place me until just then. She realized that I am "the one who holds the baby".

I'm thinking that is the best way EVER to be remembered.

P.S. do other people NOT hold their little ones so often that I actually stick out for this?

2 comments:

smanson said...

Love your blog title! And you're right. That is a great way to be remembered.

Michelle said...

I think so too!